- 1 cup dry quinoa
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped (any color of your choice)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp pink himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook 1 cup dry quinoa in 2 cups of water or veggie broth (for more flavor) and let cool.
2. Add cooled, cooked quinoa into a large bowl. Add chopped cucumbers, peppers, olives, tomatoes, chickpeas and parsley into bowl and combine.
3. Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender or whisk together in a bowl (I prefer using a blender to combine all the flavors together).
4. Pour all of the dressing into the quinoa bowl and mix well. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for about an hour or more to enhance the flavor.
- Serves 6
- For an extra boost of flavor feel free to add 1/4 – 1/3 cup of feta cheese to this dish if you are not plant based or vegan.